To: All City of Blanco Departments and Entities
From: Public Works Director - Ronnie Rodriguez
On June 4, 2018, the City of Blanco imposed Stage 1 Water Restrictions to our customers as outlined in the approved Drought Management Plan. The Plan states that upon implementation of Stage 1 restrictions that all operations of the City of Blanco shall adhere to water use restrictions prescribed for Stage 2 of the plan.
In order to set a leading example, and do our part in water conservation, Mayor Herden has ordered the following additional provisions to be applied to all City of Blanco operations for non-essential water use:
- Discontinued flushing of water mains and hydrants.
- Discontinued irrigation of all public landscaped areas.
- Prohibited use of water to wash vehicles, trailers, boats, etc.
(commercial car washes allowed as needed)
- Prohibited use of water for non-essential activities to include dust control, fountains, washing of sidewalks, streets, or public access areas.
Please know that all of the prohibitions listed above have stipulations that are clearly outlined in the Drought Management Plan that can allow for such use, if needed, upon Mayor approval when general public health and safety is concerned. Feel free to contact me with any questions that may arise or if you need a copy of the approved Drought Management Plan.
IMPLEMENTATION OF STAGE 1 WATER RESTRICTIONS
The City of Blanco Public Water System, ID #0160002, has implemented "Stage 1" water restrictions to be effective as of June 4, 2018. High temperatures and lack of rainfall have caused a higher demand for water use within our system and the following rationing will aid in continual water service for the health and safety of the public. The City of Blanco is currently purchasing treated water from CLWSC who initiated drought rationing on June 1st. The provisions for Stage 1 restrictions for all City of Blanco water customers are as follows:
Voluntary Water Use Restrictions for Reducing Demand:
- Water customers are requested to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped areas to Sundays and Thursdays for customers with a street address ending in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6 or 8), and Saturdays and Wednesdays for water customers with a street address ending in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7 or 9), and to irrigate landscapes only between the hours of midnight and 10:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. to midnight on designated water days.
- All operations of the City of Blanco shall adhere to water use restrictions prescribed for "Stage 2" of the approved Drought Management Plan.
- All water customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue water use for non-essential purposes.
This restriction, by order of the Public Works Director, shall remain active until further notice, but no longer than 60 days. Please visit www.cityofblanco.com to view the approved Drought Management Plan or call (830) 833-4525 for further information.
I thank you all in advance for your cooperation and support!