The Tourism/Marketing Coordinator will be employed by the Blanco Visitors Bureau (“BVB”).
The Tourism Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the BVB to accomplish its objectives, the administration of staff and the general management of the affairs of the BVB, under the general authority delegated by the Board of Directors.
The duties of said Tourism Coordinator include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be a great Tourism/Marketing Coordinator.
- Create events to attract tourists.
- Regularly update and maintain website and social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) to attract, secure, and promote business and visitors to the City of Blanco.
- Greet and assist visitors as needed.
- Develop a business relationship with all business owners, elected officials, civic organizations, media outlets, and other organizations, both public and private, in an effort to enhance the position of the BVB.
- Attend and participate in local and regional tourism events and represent the best interests of the City of Blanco and the BVB.
- Visit lodging properties located within the City of Blanco and assist them to increase reservations and lengths of stay at those facilities.
- Assist with developing and implementing an effective advertising/marketing plan.
- Maintain the offices of the BVB and coordinate volunteers to ensure that the office is open to best serve the visiting public.
- Train new staff and volunteers.
- Maintain effective relationships and communications with the Board of Directors to accomplish the goals and objectives of the BVB.
- Be willing to work flexible hours.
- Maintain monthly financial reports.
- Pursue grant funding possibilities.
- Perform other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
Must be able to perform tasks with a smile that involve the ability to exert physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may require some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects and materials. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds and have the ability to stand for long periods of time. Tasks may involve periods of time at a keyboard or other office equipment.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Strong communication skills and extremely knowledgeable in all social media platforms.
Valid driver’s license required.
Willingness to attend educational training as required by the Board of Directors.
Pass background check and pre-employment and/or random drug testing.