Request for Qualifications for Financial Advisory Services CWSRF
Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Financial Advisory Services
The City of Blanco is seeking to enter into a professional services contract with a Financial Advisory Services for advice on TWDB CWSRF loan application components of the financing for the construction of a new 0.225 Million Gallon per Day Wastewater Treatment Plant and other wastewater system improvements. The following outlines this request for qualifications.
I. Scope of Work The chosen firm will provide the following project related advisory services to the City of Blanco, including but not limited to:
• Advise the City of Blanco on the most efficient way of financing its construction projects;
• Explain why one method of financing is more advantageous than another;
• TWDB State Revolving Fund (SRF) loan services, including engineering and environmental feasibility reports, preparation and processing of loan applications for Clean Water SRFs, management and administration of the SRF loans through the bidding and construction phase;
• Facilitate the loan application process or the sale and marketing of bonds;
• Periodically evaluate refinancing options; and
• Other special services.
Please specify actual tasks to be performed under each of these categories. Describe the firm’s experience in issuing and refinancing debt.
II. Statement of Qualifications The City of Blanco is seeking to contract with a competent Financial Advisory firm, practicing in the State of Texas, that has had experience in the following areas:
* Issuance of debt for municipal water and wastewater projects;
* TWDB loans for municipal construction projects;
• Financing of water treatment and wastewater treatment projects; and
* Financing of projects located in this general region of the state.
As such, please provide within your proposal a list of past local government clients as references. Describe the firm’s experience with issuing public debt (experience borrowing from State or Federal agencies as well as experience selling bonds, both competitive and negotiated placements).
Also, please provide a copy of your current certificate of insurance for professional liability.
III. Evaluation Criteria The proposals received will be evaluated and ranked according to the following criteria:
Experience and Qualifications 60
Scope of Services 50
Work Performance/references 15
Cost of services 10
IV. For this RFQ, Respondent’s qualifications will be evaluated and the most qualified Respondent will be selected, subject to negotiation of fair and reasonable compensation.
V. A. Any loan award is contingent upon release of funds from the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB).
B. This contract is subject to the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) "fair share policy", which includes EPA-approved "fair share goals" for Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Women Business Enterprise (WBE) firms in the Construction, Supplies, Equipment, and Services procurement categories. EPA's policy requires that applicants and prime contractors make a good faith effort to award a fair share of contracts, subcontracts, and procurements to Minority Business Enterprise and Women-Owned Business Enterprise firms. Although EPA's policy does not mandate that the fair share goals be achieved, it does require applicants and prime contractors to demonstrate use of the six affirmative steps. The current fair share goals for the State of Texas are as follows:
CATEGORY MBE WBE
CONSTRUCTION 12.94% 8.72%
EQUIPMENT 7.12% 5.39%
SERVICES 10.84% 5.72%
SUPPLIES 9.68% 9.34%
V. Deadline for Submission The proposals received will be received no later than 4:00 pm on November 10, 2016 at the following address: 300 Pecan Street, P.O. Box 750, Blanco, TX 78606.